If you want to install eDiscovery Manager in a fresh Content Manager 8.6 environment you will need to install the GA version 2.2.2 of eDiscovery Manager. If you do this without the following guide the installation will fails because eDM 2.2.2 base version does not support JAVA8 with WebSphere 9 nor the encryption mechanism in JAVA8. So the following steps an modified scripts are needed to successfull install eDM 2.2.2 with CM8.6.
- Install eDM 2.2.2 base version with WebSphere 9 and Content Manager 8.6
- copy/replace the files from the attached ZIP archive modified_222_forCM8_6.zip in the ediscovery Manager installation temp directory.
- Now eDM installer will recognize the WebSphere 9 server as valid
- Now the installer also can connect to CM8 system with the changed encryption mechanism privided by edcutil.jar
- Install eDM 2.2.2 Fixpack 3
- copy/replace the files from the attached ZIP archive modified_2223_for_CM8_6.zip in the ediscovery Manager installation temp directory.
- Install the Fixpack ontop of eDM 2.2.2
- Install eDM 2.2.2 Fixpack 3 IF2 for official Content Manager 8.6 support